Mariposa Heritage House (MHH) opened its doors in 2001 as a program of Mariposa County’s Department of Human Services. Since then, it has gained recognition as a unique drop-in recovery center. In 2011, MHH joined the team of programs at the Alliance for Community Transformations. In 2015, Heritage House took on the roll as a Wellness Center.
Mariposa Heritage House is a safe, healthy, clean and sober support center reaching out to adults and their families, seeking to change their lives.
May 1st kicked off Mental Health Matters Month. Here is how you can get involved: Wear your lime green!
Did you know lime green is the national color of mental health awareness? It can help start conversations with people who do not know about the mental health movement. Put on a support ribbon or even a lime green neck tie. You can even decorate your workspace with lime green items or streamers. Or how about sharing this video on your social media channel to raise awareness about mental health?
Small actions like these lets others know that you are a mental health advocate who supports raising awareness and reducing stigma about mental health challenges. If you need talking points to get you started check these out:
· I wear my lime green ribbon because I support mental health awareness and I believe Each Mind Matters
· I wear my lime green ribbon in support of the millions of Californians affected by mental health challenges.
· Someone dealing with a mental health challenge is not defined by their diagnosis; it’s just one part of who they are.
Stay tuned for next week’s email with tips on how to start a conversation about mental health.
Remember to visit the Mariposa Heritage House & Wellness Center’s Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MariposaHeritageHouseWellnessCenter/ or EachMindMatters.org to learn about activities, ideas, and tips to promote mental health your home and community.
- Mariposa Heritage House Wellness Center had a booth set up at the Safe At Home event this past weekend. We had a great turnout, and had a chance to snag a picture of a few of the kids that came by the booth for arts and crafts. A BIG thank you to Mariposa Safe Families for hosting this event and allowing us to get the word out about what our agency has to offer. For any interest in helping with future events or fundraising, please contact Amanda at (209) 966-7770
- NEW PROGRAM**** Mariposa Heritage House & Wellness Center is now providing ambulatory transportation services for victims of crimes and other traumatizing events to court dates, medical appointments, and other essential services. For those trying to start over, we’re here to help. Please call Heritage House if interested.
- Come Join us for a Nature Walk on the local trails around town. We meet at Heritage House/Wellness Center every Monday around 9AM and get back around 10:00-10:30. *Weather Permitting
- Mariposa Heritage House offers transport to and from AA meetings in Bootjack on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We leave Heritage House at 11:30, please be here early.
- Rest & Relax class has moved to Thursdays at 10:00. Paula will be focusing on your health and enhancing recovery. Come loosen up and unwind from the daily stress that life may bring 🙂
- Mtn. Crisis is offering a support group for those looking for support in daily or ongoing Life Stress. This group take place on Thursdays @ Noon
Our Website is going through some repairs, please feel free to call and speak with any of our staff regarding current or upcoming events! Sorry for the inconvenience, we should have everything up and running soon.