Mariposa Heritage House (MHH) opened its doors in 2001 as a program of Mariposa County’s Department of Human Services. Since then, it has gained recognition as a unique drop-in recovery center. In 2011, MHH joined the team of programs at the Alliance for Community Transformations. In 2015, Heritage House took on the roll as a Wellness Center.
Mariposa Heritage House is a safe, healthy, clean and sober support center reaching out to adults and their families, seeking to change their lives.
May is Mental Health Matters Month
- Every May the Nation comes together to raise awareness about mental health. We can achieve this by listening, speaking up and reaching out. Mariposa Minds Matter encourages everyone to start conversations, listen openly to one another and support a loved one with mental health challenges.Mental Health challenges are very common. In fact, 50% of us will experience a mental health challenge in our lifetime. Mental well-being is a fundamental component of the World Health Organization’s definition of health.
Half of all mental disorders start by age 14 and three quarters by the age of 24.
Unfortunately, research shows that many people do not reach out for support. For young people, an average of 6 to 8 years passes from the time they first experience symptoms to the time they get help.
People recover from mental illness all the time. With support and treatment, between 70% and 90% of individuals report reduced symptoms and improved quality of life.
Good mental health enables people to realize their potential, cope with normal stresses of life, work productively, and contribute to their communities.
- Mariposa Heritage House Wellness Center had a booth set up at the Safe At Home event this past weekend. We had a great turnout, and had a chance to snag a picture of a few of the kids that came by the booth for arts and crafts. A BIG thank you to Mariposa Safe Families for hosting this event and allowing us to get the word out about what our agency has to offer. For any interest in helping with future events or fundraising, please contact Amanda at (209) 966-7770
- NEW PROGRAM**** Mariposa Heritage House & Wellness Center is now providing ambulatory transportation services for victims of crimes and other traumatizing events to court dates, medical appointments, and other essential services. For those trying to start over, we’re here to help. Please call Heritage House if interested.
- Come Join us for a Nature Walk on the local trails around town. We meet at Heritage House/Wellness Center every Monday around 9AM and get back around 10:00-10:30. *Weather Permitting
- Mariposa Heritage House offers transport to and from AA meetings in Bootjack on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We leave Heritage House at 11:30, please be here early.
- Rest & Relax class has moved to Thursdays at 10:00. Paula will be focusing on your health and enhancing recovery. Come loosen up and unwind from the daily stress that life may bring 🙂
- Mtn. Crisis is offering a support group for those looking for support in daily or ongoing Life Stress. This group take place on Thursdays @ Noon
Our Website is going through some repairs, please feel free to call and speak with any of our staff regarding current or upcoming events! Sorry for the inconvenience, we should have everything up and running soon.