Mariposa Heritage House (MHH) opened its doors in 2001 as a program of Mariposa County’s Department of Human Services. Since then, it has gained recognition as a unique drop-in recovery center. In 2011, MHH joined the team of programs at the Alliance for Community Transformations.
Mariposa Heritage House is a safe, healthy, clean and sober support center reaching out to adults and their families, seeking to change their lives.
- Mariposa Heritage House will be CLOSED on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday and on Friday, May 29 for an all-staff meeting. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Come walk with us! MHH will host a “Walk & Talk” every Tuesday starting May 26. Meet us in front of Pony Expresso at 9:30!
- We are pleased to now offer a weekly nutrition class: Nutritious Cooking on a Budget. This is a free class on Mondays from 11:30am-1:00pm that will be part learning and part doing–a meal will always be provided!
- New Group classes have started! Every Thursday from 1:00-4:00pm, we will focus on a different topic such as Coping with Anger, Job Preparedness, Life Skills and Moral Reconation Therapy. Most classes are free and open to the public. To find out more call 209-966-7770.
- Mariposa Heritage House is now offering transport to and from AA meetings in Bootjack on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays right after 12 Step Study class. Just be at MHH no later than 11:45am on those days and we’ll take you there!
- We are excited to offer a new Tuesday class, Relax and Release. We will be focusing on your health and enhancing recovery. Come as you are and feel great about yourself!
- Beginning May 6, MHH will be conducting parenting class on the first Wednesday of each month. Please call 966-7770 to reserve a spot in these classes.
- Men Stopping Violence is going strong and we are always looking for new participants. If you are interested in ending violence in our community, contact Clarence Tedrow.
Please check out our calendar listings for more information on all of our great programs!